How To Cure Hidradenitis Suppurativa?
Hidradenitis suppurativa is a skin disease that is considered to be chronic and extremely painful. The occurrence of boil-like nodules or lumps is very apparent, and some would even have different forms of cysts.
These manifestations are most commonly found in areas with apocrine glands, a certain type of sebaceous glands. Once the nodules break, it will cause a leakage of pus, and once it heals, there will be a significant scarring of the skin.
Early detection and early treatment is very important, since this is a chronic, relapsing condition. It is important to get informed on how you can cure Hidradenitis suppurativa according to stage, evolution and your personal history; a form of treatment can be tailored for every condition.
How to cure Hidradenitis suppurativa using medical treatment?
• Topical anti-acne antibiotics can be applied in the infected areas. Some of the antibiotics that can be used are clindamycin or erythromycin, which can be combined with benzoyl peroxide.
• Oral antibiotics can be used for a short period to help minimize acute abscesses. These lumps are usually the most painful.
• For women with hormonal problems, they can try oral contraceptive pills for 12 months or more. This can help address hormonal issues, which is also considered as one of the causes of Hidradenitis suppurativa.
How to cure Hidradenitis suppurativa using surgical treatment?
• Drainage of abscesses. An incision can be made to drain the pus. This is usually done during the stage where the person feels too much pain already.
• Removal of lumps that are still present, even after months of treatment with medicine.
• For highly severe cases of Hidradenitis suppurativa, a Radical Excisional surgery can be done.
• Laser ablation is also being used in some patients, as an experiment in treatment of Hidradenitis suppurativa.
How to cure Hidradenitis suppurativa using natural remedies?
• Improving one’s lifestyle. Smoking is generally an unhealthy habit, but it also aggravates the pain, inflammation, and infection of the lumps caused by Hidradenitis suppurativa. As much as possible, the person should quit smoking to see improvements in the skin problem.
• Obesity can also contribute to the factors that trigger Hidradenitis suppurativa. The person should maintain an ideal weight, and he should have a low-glyacaemic and low-dairy diet.
• Wearing loose-fit clothes and fabrics that are not too heavy will help reduce friction in the body.
• Use antiseptics to keep the affected area clean and safe from bacteria, which might cause further skin infection.
Since this is a case to case basis, as causes vary from a patient to another, treatments for Hidradenitis suppurativa can be tailor made depending on the need of the patient.
Steroid injections also work for some in reducing the inflammation of the affected area. It can also help in easing the pain of the person.
Surgery is the solution for moderate to severe cases, and is said to be the solution if the patient wants to make sure that the lumps will not be persistent and recurrent in one place. A local excision surgery takes out the affected area and the tissue around it.
However, surgery does not guarantee hidradenitis will not spread to other regions of the body. Lifelong management through auto-immune diet and natural remedies can bring major benefits and thousands of patients have reported improvement of the condition or even total remission as a result of these lifestyle changes.