Hidradenitis suppurativa is a skin disease that is not contagious, but is chronic and persistent. Hidradenitis suppurativa treatments become part of the life long patient management of this condition, and may consist of oral and topical medicines, lifestyle changes, diet, natural therapies and even surgery.
As a definitive, ready made cure is not available for this condition, Hidradenitis suppurativa treatments are customised according to the stage and the evolution of the disease and a specific treatment plan is designed for each patient.
HS affects parts of the body with aprocrine glands, a certain type of sebaceous glands.
The appearance of lumps, abscesses, and cysts is very much evident in the affected areas of the body. These areas are usually the underarms, inner thighs, groin, and breasts. These affected parts of the body manifest significantly inflamed skin and scarring will also be visible once the wounds heal.
Going for natural Hidradenitis suppurativa treatments will allow the person to improve his lifestyle and make it a habit to observe proper diet. It will also spare the patient from all the antibiotics that will be preserved by the doctor, or from surgical treatment that is usually prescribed for severe cases of Hidradenitis suppurativa.
Here are the 9 set in stone rules for natural hidradenitis suppurativa treatments:
1. Use of tea tree oil.
Tea tree oil is effective in killing fungi and bacteria. This is advised to be used to aid the body in the therapy for a surgery, or a burn care. tea tree oil is one of the simplest yet helpful to alleviate the pain and to lessen the probability of skin infection, since it is considered to be an antiseptic.
2. Applying packs to the affected area can help in reducing the inflammation of the skin. This can show significant improvement in the skin and can provide relief from other painful symptoms of Hidradenitis suppurativa.
3. Avoid excessive shaving in the affected areas. Shaving can further irritate the skin and can further cause infection.
4. Warm baths with distilled water. This can also help alleviate the pain caused by swelling and inflammation.
5. Vitamin C intake. Vitamin C will strengthen your immune system to protect your body from infection. It also stimulates the formation of collagen that is needed for the body’s skin repair.
6. Wear loose-fitting clothes. Clothes with heavy material cause friction and humidity in certain areas of the body. One’s clothes should be breathable and not too heavy to allow the skin to be healthy.
7. Stop smoking. A significant percent of the cases of Hidradenitis suppurativa is known to be smokers. Cessation of smoking has shown good improvement in the patient’s condition.
8. Keep the desired and ideal body weight. Being obese will give the person difficulty in moving. Friction will be ore present in certain areas, thus, the occurrence of Hidradenitis suppurativa is more likely to happen.
9. Lemon and lime juice. Both lemon and lime’s acidic properties are effective as hidradenitis suppurativa treatments, in combating bacteria. It can also help in closing the pores and can address the scarring issues.