Bearing the pain and discomfort of having hidradenitis suppurativa is aggravated by the fact that traditional medicine fails to provide a definite hollistic cure for this condition, but rather various one-off treatment schemes that address the symptoms. Living with hidradenitis requires rigorous lifestyle management including special autoimmune diet, herbal and vitamin supplement intakes and local wound site treatment with adequate home remedies for hidradenitis suppurativa.
The painful hidradenitis lumps can become bigger in size and spread to various areas of the body (armpits, groin, face, under breasts) when the disease evolves beyond stage 1 and it is not treated early on.
While there are a number of topical creams, systemic antibiotics and corticosteroids that are usually recommended to address the symptoms of hidradenitis, surgical treatments are sometimes the last resort for worst cases.
Using medical and surgical treatments is advised, but there are also home remedies for Hidradenitis suppurativa that can be immediately used to alleviate the pain and to control the growth of more lumps. It is important to note that these home remedies for Hidradenitis suppurativa are not guaranteed to provide instant cure for the patient, but they are proven to ease the symptoms and possibility of spreading.
Here is a list of the most commonly used and most effective home remedies for Hidradenitis suppurativa, some available to order here:
• Hot baths with certain types of oil such tea tree oil and other essential oils. Diluting tea tree oil with water can help alleviate the pain. This is a cheap remedy and can be easily found in the market.
• Olive Oil can also be used for hot baths. Sea salts, baking soda, chlorine, Aveeno oatmeal bath can also be used as home remedies for Hidradenitis suppurativa. Carbolic soap incorporated in the daily washing routine has soothing properties.
• Vinegar and Peroxide can also help, but the patient should be careful in using this as this has caused skin damage to some.
Manuka honey medical grade 20+ active is the strongest natural antibiotic and has special antibacterial properties that are similar to hydrogen peroxide. When applied directly on skin, it reduces inflamation and facilitates the healing process.
• Rubbing alcohol and a small amount of lavender oil can be directly applied to the wound.
• Hot compress is very helpful; other substitutes can be heating pads or moist towels.
• Cold compress can also be used to reduce the swelling of the affected area.
• Royal jelly capsules can be used directly in the wound.
• Other products that are made for other skin problems can also help such as the Neutrogena Acne Mask and Petroleum Jelly.
• Aloe Vera is very helpful because of its anti-inflammatory property that helps ease the pain and lessen the scarring caused by the wounds. It can also combat the skin fungus and staph which can cause further infection of the wound. Aloe Vera is antibacterial by its nature, so it can also aid in speeding the skin’s healing process.
• Antibiotic soaps are readily available in the market. Some of these are Dove Sensitive skin. Lever 2000 antibacterial, Head and Shoulders Shampoo, Betadine, Tea Tree Oil soap, and Neutrogena.
Home remedies for Hidradenitis suppurativa can help provide the patient fast, easy, and convenient ways to ease the pain and discomfort. For sending the disease into remission, a more complex, holistic approach against hidradenitis is required, embedding traditional methods and latest biochemistry research. Read a complete review of such a method here.
What is your experience in trying home remedies for hidradenitis suppurativa? Can you share some good advice?