One can never imagine the silent woes and the unspoken shrieks of patients who are affected by HS pain. More than what people can see from their lumps and from the wounds, people with Hidradenitis suppurativa experience a challenging amount of discomfort in their everyday lives. The mere and mundane acts of wearing a pair of pants or sitting on a chair can actually mean a triple fold of pain. That is how a patient with Hidradenitis suppurativa lives his everyday life in discomfort and suffering.
However, thanks to alternative and traditional medicines, there are now readily available ways and products that can work as HS pain relief. Some of these products are designed for a different skin condition, but can also work in alleviating the pain and in providing the patient with temporary relief. Although these items do not promise the cure for Hidradenitis suppurativa, they are still effective as HS pain relief.
One product that works for someone with Hidradenitis suppurativa is not necessarily guaranteed to be effective to another patient. Some products and methods that are designed to be pain relief for HS can also help in aiding the skin in faster healing and in protecting the skin from further infection.
Here is a list of the most effective and most common HS pain relief solutions:
• Warm or hot baths with certain types of oil. Tea tree oil has been proven to show beneficial results to patients. It is important to know how to use tea tree oil properly, that it should not be used directly to the wound when the wound is still inflamed and open. Diluting it with water and using it in a warm bath can effectively help ease the pain of the wounds.
• Sea salts and other essential oils can also be diluted with water and can be used in a hot bath.
• Slightly damp hot compress can help give a soothing feeling to the affected area.
• Cold compress can also help reduce the swelling and inflammation of the area.
• Aloe Vera is one of the most popular natural ways to reduce the pain caused by Hidradenitis suppurativa. On top of its pain-relieving ability, aloe vera is also has antibacterial properties that can protect the skin from getting worse infections and inflammation. It can also prevent the development of scars. This natural and herbal medicine is indeed a big help for patients with Hidradenitis suppurativa.
• Topical ointments and low-grease diaper rash crème can also help in providing instant relief from swelling.
• Home remedies include baking soda and cornstarch. Creating a solution using these items can provide fast-acting pain relief for HS.
• Vicks vapor rub and Petroleum Jelly may be used for other skin infection, but they are also effective products to give a soothing feeling which can help subside the pain.
• Other products include potato, peeling mask, and iodine.
Looking for the best HS pain relief is not very difficult as the best product that can help you can be just inside your kitchen cabinet.